About The Artist
I am a medical / scientific illustrator in the Chicagoland area. I currently work as a staff illustrator and visual information specialist for Denoyer-Geppert Science Co.. In addition, I am usually on the prowl for interesting freelance opportunities.
I received a BA from Loyola University of Chicago, where my studies focused on fine art and biological sciences. I continued my studies in biology at Northeastern Illinois where I studied vertebrate histology, and the University of Illinois where I studied vertebrate anatomy, embryology, and physiology. I received my MS in Biomedical Visualization from the University of Illinois in Chicago, one of five accredited programs for medical illustration in North America.
- Proficient in traditional illustrative techniques such as graphite, pen and ink, colored pencil, pastels, watercolor, gouache, and oils.
- Very well trained in the principles of composition, graphic layout, color theory, perspective, and draftsmanship.
- Also proficient with digital illustrative techniques utilizing Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign to create 2D illustrations, layouts and graphic designs; and Premier Pro and After Effects for compositing 3D animations. Well versed in the use of 3ds Max for the creation of 3D illustrations and animations. Working knowledge of Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML, and CSS.
- Accustomed to working both independently and remotely, communicating with clients and delivering products via the internet; as well as working with a team in a collaborative effort to complete larger projects.
- Self motivated and experienced in medical or scientific research, reading medical documentation and manuscripts, concept development, project management, and interaction with service bureaus for print production.
Click to download resume